Making course of Associate degree in Airport Civil Engineering of Aviation Polytechnic of Surabaya as higher education institution that produces expert planners, technical supervisors, laboratory technicians, and airport civil engineering consultants who are competent, professional, having personality and noble character.
- To provide education and training in order to produce graduates in Airport Civil Engineering who are competent and able to compete both in national, regional, and International;
- To implement research of technology that can make an active contribution in science development in Airport Civil Engineering;
- To prepare students in Civil Aviation who are capable to compete in both national and international, and able to use basic concept analysis of problems in Airport Civil Engineering.
- To carry out community service in Airport Civil Engineering as a way of caring for social and community environment.
Education and Teaching
- Provide an active and conducive Airport Civil Engineering education according to competencies and established International standards;
- Produce graduates who have :
- Technical skills, including the ability of expert planners, technical supervisors, laboratory technicians, and airport civil engineering consultants to ensure safety, security, comfort, and smooth flight;
- Professional expertise, including ability and knowledge in both technical and non-technical related to the profession that proved by at least 1 national expertise certificate;
- Dedication and integrity as a commitment and high integrity to quality, time, and the ability to understand ethical, social, and professional responsibilities;
- Communication and socialization skills, including effective communication, either orally or in writing in their profession, and an ability to work effectively in a team, as well as respect for the differences and knowledge of professions, contemporary, social and global issues;
- Awareness of the need to learn for a lifetime.
- Provide the opportunity of extensive research for Lecturers/Instructors/Academics in aviation and other relevant fields;
- Spur the development of science in aviation through innovation in integrated research with other institutions.
- Provide good services for the community through the graduates;
- Participate to advance the Indonesian aviation world through activities of providing education and training for Indonesian aviation technicians.
CURRICULUM OF AIRPORT CIVIL ENGINEERING ASSOCIATE DEGREE
The higher education curriculum is a set of plans and settings on content, study materials, and learning materials, as well as how to present it and the assessments used as a guide to the learning activities of the college. The curriculum should contain structured graduate competency standards in main, supporting and other competencies that support achieving the goals, implementation of the mission, and fulfill the vision of course. The curriculum contains courses / modules / blocks that support the achievement of graduate competencies and provides flexibility for students to broaden their insights and deepen their skills according to their interests, and completed with descriptions of courses / modules / blocks, syllabus, learning plans and evaluations. The curriculum must be designed based on its relevance to the goals, scope, and depth of material, organizing that encourages the hard skills shaping, and personality & behavior skills (soft skills) that can be implemented in various situations and conditions.
Graduate Core Competencies
- Ability to identify, formulate, and solve technical problems.
- The scope of knowledge is broad enough to be able to understand the effect the technical actions on society and the global world.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Ability to utilize the techniques, skills, and modern technical tools necessary for the performance of professional tasks.
Graduate Support Competencies
- Capable to apply mathematics, science and engineering.
- Capable to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in their profession.
- Has effective skills in the team.
- Awareness of the need to learn for a lifetime.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
Other Competencies / Graduate Choices
- Able to cooperate, communicate and innovate well;
- Committed to quality, punctuality, and continuous improvement;
- Able to understand professional, responsibility, ethical, social and associate degree profession, as well as respect for the differences and knowledge of professions, and social issues.
REQUIREMENTS OF AIRPORT CIVIL ENGINEERING ASSOCIATE DEGREE
- The minimum education level is High School/Islamic High School graduate (Natural Science Major) or Vocational High School graduate with majoring such as Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Computer Electronics Engineering/Informatics and Aviation.
- Physically and mentally healthy, drug-free, not color blind, no tattoo. (Proven by a certificate from a government doctor)
- Well behaved (Proven by Police Certificate of Good Conduct)
- The minimum score on the report card at least 7 for English and mathematics.
Soil laboratory serves as a learning and experimental infrastructure of Soil Mechanics and Surveying. In the Soil Mechanics Course, there are several practicums that are usually done, including Volumetric Gravimetry, Liquid Limit, Plastic, Shrinkage, Sieve Analysis, Hydrometer Analysis, Proctor Test, Sand cone. Meanwhile the practicum for Surveying Course is the practice of using tools such as waterpass, Theodolite and Total Station.
- Sand cone
- Liquid Limit Device, Sondir
- Measuring tools (Total Station, Water pass, Theodolit)
Asphalt laboratory serves as a learning and experimental infrastructure of Pavement Engineering Course. There are several practices in this course, including Flexible Pavement and Rigid Pavement.
- Asphalt Penetration Test
- Manual Compact Asphalt
- Vibrating Table
- Baby Roll
- Asphalt Mixer Shaker
- Automatic Compact Asphalt
- Cleveland Flash Cup, Skid Resistance Test, Marshal Test, Saybolt Viscometer, Water Bath, Splitter, Sleve Shaker, Stamper Kuda
- MU Meter-Friction Meter
- GPR Road Cart
- Benkelman Beam
- HWD, Stamper Kodok
Concrete laboratory serves as a learning and experimental infrastructure of the Concrete Engineering Course where in this course, there are practicums related to the manufacture of Concrete Mix such as Concrete Design Mix and Slump Test.
- Concrete Compressive Machine
- Abrasion Los Angeles
- Concrete Mixer